Father: Krishna (Actor)Mother: Indira Devi
Elder Brother: Ramesh Babu, Elder
Sisters: Padmavathi and Manjula (Film Producer) & Younger Sister: Priya (Priyadarshini)Spouse: Namrata Shirodkar (Bollywood Actress)(Married-February 10th, 2005)Son: Gautham (Born-August 31st, 2006)Education: Mahesh Babu studied at the prestigious St. Bede's School in Chennai and later graduated with a B.Com from the famous Loyola College in Chennai.
Child actor: NeedaFIlm Hero : Raja Kumarudu (1999)Favorites
Hero: Superstar Krishna Heroine: SrideviMusic Director: Mani SharmaStunt master: VijayanChoreographer: Raju sundaramSports: CricketFood: Home foodDrink: CoffeeDirector: ManirathnamFilm of his own: OkkaduCo-star: TrishaHobbies: Watching movies and reading
Of the 11 released films Prince Maheshbabu bagged 6 Nandi awards. He is the only hero who bagged so many Nandi awards in a short span.
* Nandi Award for Best Male Debut in Raja Kumarudu (1999)
* Won special jury award for Murari (2001)
* Won special jury awards for Takkari Donga for the year 2002.
* Won the Nandi Award for Best Actor for his performance in Nijam (2003).
* Won special jury awards for Arjun for the year 2004.
* Won the Nandi Award for Best Actor for his performance in Athadu (2005).
* Filmfare Award for Best Actor (2006) for the film Pokiri.
* Filmfare Best Actor Award for Okkadu(2006).Ambassador: Brand ambassador of Thums Up in Andhra PradeshAmbition: Should give good movies all the time for his fans
About his father:"I only watched his films. I didn't see any other Telugu movies in my childhood".About him
Trisha: "Mahesh Babu is the most professional hero I have ever worked with. He is so passionate about films that he would come and sit in the sets even when his scenes are not being shot. He involves himself in every aspect of film making."Manjula: “When I am working with Mahesh, I have to be on my toes. He is a perfectionist. I discuss every story with him. When I am working with him, I just can’t relax”
Ghattamaneni Mahesh Babu, who is son of Telugu Superstar Krishna and Indira Devi, was born on 9 August 1974 in Chennai India. Mahesh Babu, popularly known as Prince, had his education in Chennai. He completed his B.Com graduation in Loyola College, Chennai. He has an elder brother called Ramesh, two elder sisters Padmavathi, Manjula and one younger sister Priyadarsini.
He started doing film since he was young. Therefore acting got into his blood and the moment he finished his studies he took up acting as his profession. When Mahesh was young he enjoyed acting as a hobby as he thought he got a chance to bunk the school.
He set up his filmy career as a child actor in his Superstar father's film. Mahesh’s first appearance on the screen was by the film ‘Needa’. It was a very brief shot. Then he appeared in ‘Poraatam’. After seeing ‘Poraatam’ famous producer Doondi predicted that Mahesh would grow into a star one day, as the prediction turned out to be true today. Mahesh Babu has been ushered in as a hero with the film ‘Rajakumaarudu’ opposite Bollywood actress Preity Zinta in 1999 which was directed by K. Raghavendra Rao.
In 2000, his second movie Yuvaraju in which he acted opposite Sakshi Sivanand and Simran, was released. The movie was a big flop at the Box Office. In the same year, Movie Vamsi in which his father Krishna appeared in a pivotal role hit the Telugu screen. He acted with Namrata Shirodkar. It did not do well business and considered as a flop.
Then came his fourth movie Murari in the year directed by Krishna Vamsi and co-starring Sonali Bendre. The music of the movie was a big hit.
Despite heavy expectations, his fifth movie Takkari Donga did an average collections at the box office. Again his sixth movie Bobby directed by shoban opposite Aarthi Agarwal was a big flop at the Box Office. With these two flop movies, year 2002 was a very dull phase in Mahesh Babu's career.
Finally in 2003, Mahesh babu rocked Telugu audiences with his movie Okkadu, directed by Gunasekhar. The movie became the biggest hit and earned highest amount in Telugu Cinema Industry till date. With this movie Mahesh became the Superstar of Telugu Filmdom. In the same year, his next movie Nijam became big flop at the Box Office. But the movie got him Nandi Award for Best Actor for his performance.
While acting in the movie Vamsi in 2000, Mahesh Babu fell in Love with Bollywood actress Namrata. And finally, he married Namrata Shirodkar in February 2005. Mahesh and Namrata gave birth to a son named Gautam Gattamaneni on 31 August 2006.
In 2004, Mahesh acted in Tamil hit remake Naani directed By surya and was a big flop at the Box Office. Same year his next flick Arjun was released in summer. The movie was an average grosser at the Box office. In June 2004, Mahesh signed up for film Athadu directed By Trivikram srinivas, which was released in July 2005. The movie was a super hit both in India and overseas. In April 2006, his next two movies, Pokiri and Sainikudu became the highest grosser in the Telugu Cinema Industry. At this point of time, Mahesh had improved his performance a lot. In these two movies, his performance was extremely good and he received rave reviews. In September 2007, his next flick Athidhi in which he paired with Amrita Rao, hit the screens and was a successful movie at the Box Office.
Recently, Mahesh Babu gave voice over for movie Jalsa directed by Trivikram and made several heads to turn. Now Prince Mahesh Babu has signed to act in the film Varudu directed by Trivikram Srinivas and produced by Singanamala Ramesh. Parvathi Melton has already been signed up as the second heroine. Mahesh Babu is searching for first heroine. Names of Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra and Ileana are being heard for the same. So the search is still on for a glam doll. Mahesh babu has also signed an untitled movie directed by Puri Jagannath project and produced by Warner Bros-Soundarya Rajinikanth. The shooting of the movie will start in end of 2008 and will be released in 2009.
According to reliable sources, Mahesh Babu has also given his consent to act in a multi-starrer untitled film to be directed by VV Vinayak and produced by YS Jagan son of Chief Minister YS Rajashekar Reddy. In order to pursue the current trend, the Prince is busy doing physical exercises very hard. He will appear in a novel six-pack get up. In addition, Mahesh is the brand ambassador of Thums Up beverage in South India and is also the brand ambassador of Hero Honda motorcycle.
He wakes up at 7 am and goes for jogging daily.
'Murari' was his first Telugu movie to get dubbed in Tamil.
Most of his movies are remade in Tamil and they are acted by Vijay.
He married Bollywood actress Namrata Shirodkar who is two and half years older than him, on 10 Feb 2005.
The telugu actor is the brand ambassdor for Thums Up in Andhra Pradesh.
The Prince started his career as an Child artist in his Father films.
His Pokiri has broken old records as per as the collections concerned and created a wave in Tollywood. It helped the industry a lot to increase its overseas business.
Amitabh Bachchan has appreciated Mahesh Babu’s performance in “Pokiri” very much.
The actor and wife Namratha have jointly signed for a commercial ad. As reported, Mahesh and Namratha will be brand ambassadors for Whirlpool for two years.
In his 14 movies.he got 6 nandi awards for rajakumarudu,murari,takkari donga, nijam,arjun,athadu
Two filmfare awards for okkadu & pokiri
Arjun was nominated to IFFI.
One & only star who received 6 nandi for his 7 years of acting is prince mahesh babu.
“Chiranjeevi has always been very genuine to me. That is the greatness of that man. He watches films with a comman audience perspective. He spoke to me over phone for 15 minutes and explained me which scene he liked in the film. Chiranjeevi is very happy because Pokiri has become such a good hit.”
“I will select my future subjects keeping my fans in mind. I saw them enjoying Pokiri success more than I did, and that’s why I will only do films which make them happy from here on”.
“Puri Jagan is completely responsible for the success of Pokiri with his story, dialogues, characterization and direction.”
“Telugu film industry is in the brink of change. Audiences are looking for freshness in films. Films made with outdated formulas are not working at box office. Hindi film industry has already changed and Telugu film industry is on the verge of change.”
“After marriage, I entered very exciting phase of my career. I never had back-to-back super hits in my career earlier”
Filmography:As a Child Artist:
1. Needa -----
2.Poratam ----- December 9, 1983
3.Sankharavam ----- July 16, 987
4.Bazaar Rowdy ----- August 26, 1988
5.Mugguru Kodukulu ----- October 20, 1988
6.Gudhachari 117 ----- April 22, 1989
7.Koduku Diddina Kapuram ----- September 21, 1989
8.Anna-Tammudu ----- July 27, 1990
9.Balachandrudu ----- September 21, 1995As a Hero:
Screenplay & Direction -- K Raghavendra Rao
Cast: Mahesh Babu, Preity Zinta, Prakash RajMusic -- Mani SharmaRelease Date -- July 30, 1999
- The film released with 78 prints in 116 screens.
- The film had a 50 days run in 69 centres and 100 days run in 42 centres.
- The film was dubbed in Hindi as Prince No. 1 and dubbed in Tamil as Kaadhal Vennila.
- Winner of Nandi Award for Best Male Debut
Story - Screenplay - Direction -- Y.V.S Chowdary
Cast: Mahesh, Simran, Sakshi, Venkat, Master TejaMusic Director: Ramana GogulaProducer -- Burugapally Sivarama KrishnaRelease date -- 14th April 2000
Director -- B. Gopal
Cast: Mahesh, Namratha, Krishna, Mayuri KangoStory, Dialogues and Screenplay -- SatyanandProducer -- G. Adiseshagiri RaoMusic -- Mani SharmaRelease date -- October 4, 2000
Several scenes in this movie were adapted from Hollywood movies like MI,
Editing, Story, Screenplay & Direction -- Krishna Vamsi
Cast: Mahesh, Sonali Bendre, Satyanrayana, LakshmiMusic -- Mani ShramaProducer -- Nandigam GopiRelease Date -- 17th February 2001
- The film turned out to be a superhit running for 50 days in 50 centres.
- It had a 100 day run in 34 centres.
- The film had a 175-day run in 2 centres
- This was Sonali Bendre's first Telugu Film
- Winner of Nandi Award for Special Jury
- Dubbed into Tamil as Murari, Remade in Kannada as Gopi by Byregowda Creations
Editing, Story, Screenplay & Direction -- Jayant C Paranji
Cast: Mahesh, Lisa Ray, Bipasha basu, Rahul DevProducer -- Jayant C ParanjiMusic -- Mani ShramaRelease Date -- January 12, 2002Awards
* Winner, Nandi award for Mahesh Babu - Special Jury
* Winner, Nandi award for Vijayan - Best Fight Master
* Winner, Nandi award for Mastre Kaushik Babu - Best child actor
* Winner, Nandi award for Jayanan Vincent - Best cinematography
* Winner, Nandi award for Madhusudham Reddy - Best audiographer
This movie was dubbed into Hindi as Choron Ka Chor.
Director -- Shobhan
Cast: Mahesh, Arthi Agrwal, Prakashraj, RaghuvaranProducer --Music Director -- ManisharmaRelease Date -- 31st October, 2002
It is a remake of Leonardo DiCaprio starrer Romeo and Juliet.
Director -- Gunasekhar
Cast: Mahesh, Bhoomika, Mukesh Rishi, Prakash RajProducer -- M.S. RajuMusic -- Mani SharmaRelease Date -- January 15, 2003Awards
Best Film - M.S. Raju
Best Director - Gunasekhar
Best Actor - Mahesh Babu
Best Music Director - Mani SharmaSantosham Film Awards
Best Film - M.S. Raju
Best Villain - Prakash Raj
Best Art Direction - Ashok
- The film released on 15 January 2003 with 150 prints in 225 screens.
- The audio was released on 19 December 2002.
- The film collected a share of Rs.47.8 million in its opening week in Andhra Pradesh.It collected a distributors' share of nearly Rs.250-300 million.
- The film had a successful 50-day run in 144 centres.
- The film had a successful 100-day run in 100 centres.
- The film had a 175 day run in 10 centres.
- The movie was remade into Tamil, under the name Ghilli (2004), starring Vijay and Trisha Krishnan.
- The film was made into Kannada as Aajay (2006) starring Puneet Rajkumar and Prakash Raj.
- The first 15 minutes of the movie, is an adaptation of the hollywood classic West Side Story.
Cast: Mahesh, Rakshita, Prakash Raj, GopichandProducer: TejaMusic: RP PatnaikRelease Date: May 23, 2003
- The movie was slammed by critics and was an utter failure. Teja could not deliver success after Jayam.
- Winner of Nandi Award for Best Actor.
Director -- S J Surya
Cast: Mahesh, Amisha Patel, DevayaniProducer -- Manjula & Sanjay SwaroopMusic -- AR RehmanRelease Date -- 2003
- Naani is a remake of the Hollywood film "Big"
- It was already made in Tamil where the director S. J. Suryaah himself played the hero alongside simran.
Cast: Mahesh Babu, Shriya Saran, Keerthi Reddy, Prakash Raj, SarithaProducer: G. Ramesh BabuMusic: Mani SharmaRelease Date: August 18, 2004
- The film collected a share of Rs.55 millions in its opening week.
- 100 days in 21 centres.
- In this film, the name of the character played by Mahesh Babu is not revealed till the end. The other roles call him with the name of the relation, but none call him Arjun, and this is revealed only at the end.
- This was Mahesh's last film released before he tied the knot with Namratha Shirodhkar, on the other hand this was the first movie(and the last as on July 2008) for Keerthi Reddy after marriage.
- The film was produced by Mahesh's brother Ramesh.
- The Madurai Meenakshi temple shown in this film is a colossal setting of the real one. It was created by art director Padma Sri Thotta Tharani.
- The film dubbed in Tamil as Varenda Maduraiku.
Director: Trivikram Srinivas
Cast: Mahesh Babu, Trisha Krishnan, Sonu Sood, Prakash Raj, NassarProducer: Murali Mohan & Jayabheri KishoreMusic: Mani SharmaRelease Date: August 10, 2005Awards
Best Actor - Mahesh Babu
Best Dialogue Writer -Trivikram SrinivasSantosham Film Awards
Best Film - M. Rammohan Filmfare Awards
Best Director - Trivikram Srinivas
- The film was released with 6 prints in U.S.A. and in 3 screens in Chennai.
- It took more than 1 year to shoot this film.
- For the first time in a South Indian film, a total of 120 cameras were used at the same time to shoot the climax sequence.
- It took 27 days to can the last fight in direction of fight master Peter Hain.
- There were many cuts edited out of the film, dealing with the last fight in the church.
- Rremade in Hindi as "Ek - The Power of One" with Bobby Deol, Shriya Saran and Nana Patekar.
- It's to be dubbed and released in Tamil as Nandhu. Also dubbed in Malayalam as Target.
- The music in the song Avunu Nijam is actually not a copy of the music from the track Psyche Rock by Pierre Henry as is assumed by most rock fans, but is an original by Mani Sharma.
- The film netted Rs.1.05 million from 3 screens in Chennai.It collected a distributors' share of Rs.220 million in its total run.
- The film had a 100-day run in 38 centres.
- The film had a 175-day run in Sudarshan 35mm, Hyderabad.,grossing Rs.10.4 million from the theatre.
Story - screenplay - direction - dialogues - producer -- Puri Jagan
Cast: Mahesh Babu, Ileana D'Cruz, Prakash Raj, Ashish Vidyarthi, Nassar, jyothiranaProducer -- MnjulaMusic -- ManisharmaRelease Date -- 28th April, 2006
- The film released in 297 screens,including 254 in andhra Pradesh, 20 in Karnataka,3 in Orissa,3 in Tamil Nadu,1 in Mumbai and 16 in Overseas.
- In its first week of release, Pokiri grossed a share of 9.11 crores.
- In the US, the film grossed $100,000 USD in the first two weeks and grossed $350,000 by June 2006. Pokiri grossed a total amount of about $4,00,000 at the US box office.
- The film completed 50 days in 299 centers .Even after running after 100 days in 200 centers, Pokiri was number one at box office.
- The film had a silver jubilee in 63 centers. It completed a run of 561 Days which is an All Time Record in Tollywood.
Director: GunasekharCast: Mahesh Babu, Trisha Krishnan, Prakash Raj, Irfan Khan, AjayMusic Director: Harris JayarajProducer: C. Ashwini DuttRelease Date: November 30, 2006
- The film released in 526 screens including 402 in Andhra Pradesh,40 in Karnataka,22 in rest of India and 63 in Overseas.
- This film was dubbed into Tamil as Kumaran and Malayalam as Sulthan.
- The dubbed version of the movie in Tamil was a Super Hit in Tamil Nadu. The movie did very well and made good money for the distributors.
- It was released in 50 prints in Tamil Nadu including 30 in Chennai alone.
Director: Surender Reddy
Cast: Mahesh Babu, Amrita Rao, Murali Sharma, Kota Srinivasa RaoProducer: G. Ramesh BabuMusic : Mani SharmaRelease date: October 18, 2007Box Office Perfomance:
First day world wide collection-Rs 6 crores
Four day’s world wide collection-Rs 16.73 crores
One week world wide collection-Rs 22 crores
Two weeks world wide collection-Rs 32 crores
Three week world wide collection-Rs 36,09,18,000/-
- Prince Mahesh Babu’s Athidhi was released on 18th October with more than 600 prints and 712 theatres. The film has set a new record by collecting Rs6 crores on the first day itself and the film has collected Rs16.73 crores in just 4 days of its run.
- Though the film turned an average flick it gave another record for this handsome Pokiri in Tollywood and it is possible for one and only Prince Mahesh Babu, the Super Star.
- Ratraina Naaku Okay song is very similar to "Deentanaktha" in Navadeep and Arya starrer Kalisunte Movie.
Cast: Mahesh Babu, Anushka,Sunil,Prakash Raj,AliProducer: S Ramesh Music : Mani SharmaRelease date: October 1, 2010
|Appreciated as best film in Mahesh Career....Best performances|
Dookudu - Ajay
Story,Screenplay,Dialogues,Direction : Sreenu Vaitla
Cast: Mahesh Babu,Samantha,Prakash Raj,Bhramanandam
Music : Thaman
Release Date : 23rd September 2011
Biggest Blockbuster Hit in TFI and Mahesh's Career,Grossed over 100Crs in 4 Weeks
First day collection grossed over 13 Cr
Puri Jagannadh.....The Business Man (Guns Don't Need Agreements)
(Telugu: బిజినెస్ మాన్) is a Telugu crime film written and directed by Puri Jagannadh. It stars Mahesh Babu and Kajal Agarwal in the lead roles. Produced by R. R. Venkat and distributed by R. R. Movie Makers, the film was also dubbed into Tamil and Malayalamlanguages. It was released on 13 January 2012 and turned out to be a blockbuster.
Sreekanth Addala...Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu